Please see the notice below. This is the re-arranged seminar that was previously postponed. If you booked previously, you will need to register again. We look forward to seeing you
Seminar on Remote Hearings:
The systems involved, how to use them, and practical tips
Wednesday 3rd June 2020 at 10.00am
• Steven Gasztowicz QC
(recorder and deputy High Court Judge)
• HH Judge Nigel Bird
(DCJ for Greater Manchester)
• Additional panel members: Yvette Genn (recorder and deputy district judge, civil and family) and Tim Gascoyne (deputy district judge, crime)
There are limited places available on the Zoom seminar, which is open to UKAFPJ members only.
Please register here:
and a link to the seminar will be sent on Tuesday 2ndJune.
It may help to have available the Inns of Court Guide to Remote Advocacy by downloading it from https://www.icca.ac.uk/principles-for-remote-advocacy-2/ in advance of the seminar, if possible
Please can you send any practical tips you may have picked up, or details of any interesting experiences, and any questions, to
Steven Gasztowicz QC at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 2ndJune 2020
ONLINE ZOOM ETIQUETTE
• Firstly, you will need to download a small piece of software to run this seminar on your computer/laptop/tablet if you have not used Zoom before. Please look at Zoom, www.zoom.us, download the software, and familiarise yourself with the application before you join the seminar?
• Secondly, when you join the seminar please make sure that you have muted your microphone. In the bottom left hand corner of the Zoom screen is a small image of a microphone. Please click on this to put a green line through it – this will mute you.
• Thirdly, we may not be able to take questions during the seminar itself. Should you feel you want to ask a question during the seminar, however, please e-mail Steven Gasztowicz and if practical he will put your question to the participants.
• Lastly, if you click on the top right hand corner of your screen and turn on speaker view, this will give you the speaker in full screen and some of the other participants in thumbnails across your screen.